Monday, February 20, 2006

Who and What is Just Us Dads?

There are hundreds upon hundreds of blogs out there written by Moms. HUNDREDS!! I was just looking over at the dot-moms site and they list almost 700 blogs on their site alone written by Moms about their experiences with Motherhood. There are less than 100 Dad bloggers listed over there. HELLO?!?! What does that tell you? Well, I'll tell you what that says to me.

First of all it says that Dads are just not as interested in talking about fatherhood. They are just as fine letting people think that they are just what society thinks they should be (see the subtitle of this blog). Secondly, many Dads don't know how to turn on a computer when it's not at work. During the day, when Dad is in the office, Mom spends some time on the PC in the basement during naptime and writes paragraphs about her experience as a Mom. Dads just can't be bothered with that kind of thing...they are too busy on the weekends picking the underwear out of their tush and yelling at the TV.

Well, after three years publishing my own experiences as a Dad on my own weblog, I got to thinking. I know I am not the only Dad out there who has these experiences! We need to unite and show the world that there is more to fatherhood than seeing how hard you can throw a snowball at your kid's face! (although that makes for a GREAT read). It took just a few minutes of my day to assemble a dozen Dads I know who agreed to contribute every so often. Just Us Dads was born.

Let's see if we can show some Moms out there that we don't always think with our southern halves. Being a Dad has been the most rewarding experience of my life and I am sure it's been the same for many of you all out there. So post your comments and get involved and let's see if we can make our point!

Comments:
Are you actively posting this blog? Looking for a "cool dad" blog to add to my site. Check it out!
www.squabblefree.com
I love to have you join us!

Jodi Hochevar
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?