Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Richard

Richard - A Life so far

I was born on a cool Spring day in late March 1965 (yes that was a long time ago you do not need to remind me!!!!). The only son of two very proud parents and two older sisters already deep in plans to torture me for years. Growing up in a suburb of Philadelphia, I had a relatively normal childhood despite my sisters schemes, playing with my matchbox cars and dreaming of life as a Pirate, and can we truly forget the summer days riding my big wheel till the sun set. Years later we moved to New Jersey but by then my passions in life had been planted in my soul, those being for my beloved Flyers, The Phils (later in college it changed to the Red Sox) and the Rams (of Los Angeles at that time). I also had passions for movies, specifically Sleeping Beauty that forever shaped my mind with one single knight battling a fire breathing dragon. This was probably one of the most significant moments in my life for the ripples it caused throughout my years.

Never the big athlete my teen days were usually filled with music and games, which can pretty much describe my adulthood too. These were the days of Kiss in it’s makeup and Dungeons and Dragons in every basement, shaping my future forever. High School was much more of the same ever expanding love for music and games, movies and friendship, and soon Girls and life as we know it has never been the same again. College…if only I went to college to actually study and go to class, but no I chose to learn everything else but what I went to school for (Ironically I actually went into the profession I went to college for). After college there was the years in Boston and the first real working days living paycheck to paycheck…sad how some things don’t seem to change much even now….Then it was back to New Jersey where I was matched to the woman who would be my wife and life as we know it has never been the same again.

We opened our own business a month before we got married, made friends with people we want to know forever and planned for children in our future. We had dark days later when Karen was diagnosed with cancer and our plans for Parenthood were put in a holding pattern for far more important reasons. Due to the cancer our options for Parenthood were changed, but never our desire to fulfill those dreams and so we chose adoption and after some time and a few heartaches we are the very proud parents of a sweet little boy named Josh who someday will love the Flyers, The Red Sox maybe thedefinitelyinately movies and will know true friendship and love when it comes into his life.

Richard's Posts
March 8, 2006: Baby Joshua

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?