Wednesday, March 15, 2006

6 Months
posted by Adam

So Tuesday was Breanna's 6 month birthday. It's amazing to see how much my life has changed in half a year. I went from living an extended college life. Working at night, I could sleep in any day I wanted, do what I wanted, when I wanted, move at my own pace. I could sit and play PlayStation all day if I wanted to. But now those days are long gone.

Everything is organized and I have little to no control over what I do or when I do it. But for anyone else, I'd probably bitch and complain. But not for her. Let's be real, I don't necessarily enjoy functioning on 4 or 5 hours of sleep, or getting up at 7:30 a.m. most mornings, especially not after getting home at 1:30 a.m. But it's so worth it. And every time she does something new, like sit up by herself, or go down the slide or enjoy the swing, it's worth it.

But getting back to that 6 month birthday, her awful parents took her to the doctor and got her four more vaccine shots. We know she's getting smart because as soon as we laid her down on the doctor's table, she freaked, because she knew what was coming from the last time. But her very first lollipop afterward made everything better. So that was cool.

6 months. I can't believe I'm the parent of a 6-month-old.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?