Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Early to Rise
posted by Adam


Getting up early has never been something I've enjoyed doing. I got up at 6 a.m. for school from the first day of sixth grade until the last day of high school, and I vowed I would never do anything that required me to get up that early again. So my earliest class in college? 10 a.m. And I work nights, so I could sleep in until 10 or 11 a.m., and still get done what I had to get done most days.

So needless to say, getting up every day between 7:30 and 8 a.m. has been a HUGE change for me. I don't nap in the afternoon, so it's been a real challenge. But I think what keeps me going is that huge, toothless smile I get every morning when she gets up, or any time she's in a good mood, which is quite often. She's a great sleeper, and every Monday-Thursday, I'm the first person she sees, and no matter how cranky I might be for having to get up early, that smile is the first thing I see, and gives me so much energy.

I can't say it carries me through the day, but it's enough to get me started. And now that she's 5 1/2 months old, she's getting to be more fun. She sits up on her own for a few seconds at a time, and she's really verbal. And when she's really happy, she shrieks, and it's so funny. She's a good kid. And for her, I don't mind getting up early.

I guess that's love.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?