Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Hockey Dad
posted by Adam

Another long day ended with me traveling up to Madison Square Garden for the Rangers-Flyers game Wednesday night. The baby was up at 7:30 a.m., which wasn't so bad, but I was still dragging some from the Tuesday night game. After we had breakfast, I had to trek down to the accountant and sign the tax stuff. Nothing like driving an hour for a 5 minute signature and pickup. Oh well. Breanna slept most of the time. Then it was home in time for lunch, then I had to pack up my gear for the game and for Breanna's trip to the babysitter's. Laptop; check. Baby's swing; check. Diaper bag; check. Baby; check. OK, we're good.

Then it was a mad dash from Northeast Philly to Hamilton, Mercer County, to catch the train. Hamilton is a beautiful station, but parking is atrocious. Their about 5,000 spots short on a good day, and they're expanding, so it's even worse. Nearly missed the train driving in circles to find a spot. As it was, me and the heavy-ass laptop bag had to run about a half-mile, which is way further than I've run non-chased in a very, very long time. But I made it in time to buy my ticket, and just as I stepped away from the machine, the train came. 90 minutes later, I was at the Garden for another night of great, great hockey.

Jagr is amazing, just ridiculous how good he is when motivated, and he's been that way this season. And he has owned the Flyers this season. Anyway, in my rush to get out the door, I forgot to pack food for the munchkin other than a 4-ounce bottle of juice. Needless to say, the wife was a bit peeved when she picked up the baby at 5:30. Threw off the little one's whole schedule, which the wife had no problem telling me, repeatedly. Oh well.

I'll learn sometime.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?