Thursday, March 02, 2006

Toothpaste
posted by John

So, a few nights back we went through our nightly "checklist" with the boys. Adam (9) and Johnnie (7) both adamantly claiming to have their clothing picked out for tomorrow, showered, changed, teeth brushed, and bookbags appropriately packed and ready by the front door.

Something seemed odd. Johnnie couldn't meet my eyes when he swore he brushed his teeth. I asked again. He replied, "You can check my toothbrush - it's wet!"

me: "Okay John. What color is your toothbrush?"
him: "I don't remember."

hmmmmmm....

Some nights later (after determining that in fact his is the green toothbrush) we had the same scenario. "Sure dad, you can check - it's even wet."

me: "Okay...did you use toothPASTE?"

him: "I'll be right back."

and so on........

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?